Fabric District + Little Tokyo Mini Haul

Yesterday I ventured into Little Tokyo for my friend's birthday! It's always kind of tiring trying to get to and from downtown, but it's always worth it. We browsed a lot of shops and restaurants and then visited the Barcade, a bar filled with retro arcade games. Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of arcade games, but it was still a really unique place, and we found some pretty fun games as well.

I ended up mostly buying things from Daiso and Kinokuniya, which I was a little disappointed by because those places aren't really special to Little Tokyo, but I'm still really happy with what I found.


The main thing I knew I wanted to get at Kinokuniya is a copy of Larme, since everyone has been talking about that magazine lately. For $10, it feels really sturdy and nice to touch. I was hoping to get a few copies of previous volumes, but unfortunately Kinokuniya only had the current issue in stock. Still, though, I can see what all the hype is about! Inside there are lots of makeup tutorials and style guides that I'm excited about, and it seems like there are some cute stories about some of the models (I think?) that are making me really want to improve my Japanese so I can read them. Once I've had a chance to look through it all I'll definitely be writing a review, and I may scan some of the pages that stuck out to me, so keep an eye out for that in the future. I also waffled on some of the sewing magazines, but didn't end up getting any this time, since I couldn't make up my mind on them.
Most of the other stuff was from Daiso. I found a lot of hair accessories which I think are really cute and will hopefully compliment my growing new wardrobe. 

Finally, while this is a little old by now, I also went to the fabric district a couple of weekends back and found some really nice fabric that I'm excited to use!


Most of these are from Michael Levine's remnants room, a magical place where fabric is sold for only a couple bucks a pound. I love that place so much, I can't even put it into words. I wish I had found some pastel floral fabrics, but I really didn't find any that suited me, so the search for cute florals will continue. However, I did found some good stuff. The pink gingham sheer is so floaty and airy, I think it's perfect for summer! And I don't know yet what I plan on using that sparkly blue spandex for, but it was so glittery that I couldn't resist. Maybe it will fit into an idol cosplay I do in the future, or I might try and take it in a soft grunge direction with some kind of cut out crop top... that one won't be able to fit into this Summer's wardrobe for sure, but sometimes you see something and just have to go for it regardless!
I have quite a bit of extra fabric for a lot of these, so I might make some extras of everything and try my luck at selling them.

Until next time, 

No comments:

Post a Comment