Springtime Picnic Tea Party

Last weekend was our 3rd himekaji discord meet and this time it was picnic themed to mark the beginning of spring. Lately in my area instead of spring we just bounce back and forth between cold rainy days and heat waves but this at-home picnic really gave me the feeling of sharing snacks at a sweet cottage!


Snacks are definitely the most important part, so I'll start there! Originally my plan had been to make onigiri and supplement it with boba and popcorn chicken. It might seem like a strange combination but I feel like onigiri and fried chicken are quintessential anime picnic foods.


Unfortunately, despite looking forward to this meal for the entire week, on the morning of the picnic I discovered that all the boba shops around me open too late in the afternoon. Oh well, something unexpected will always happen during a picnic, so this was very much on theme Instead I ended up pulling together a little bento lunch with whatever I had on hand: onigiri, octopus sausages, and bunny apples. It wasn't what I had been looking forward to, but it still definitely reminded me of picnic lunches.



For my outfit, there was no question that the strawberry lace gingham OP had to be worn. When I wear it my boyfriend says I look like a cute jar of jam! It's one of my favorite recent purchases and it makes me feel like I'm wearing a cute picnic all on its own. 


As an added bonus, Didi was able to twin with me! I was so happy that we finally got to twin and our photo turned out so nice somehow. We even got featured on the Liz Lisa international page which was a total dream come true 



I had so much fun chatting and enjoying our tea together, and special thanks to Mina for hosting this time! Take care everyone!



1 comment:

  1. I just want to say I loved your co*de so much! When I saw both of you twinning it my heart exploded. ( ´ ▽ ` ).。o♡

    ReplyDelete