First Winter Haul

Hello internet! It's been a long time since my last post. Life popped up as it will sometimes and I ended up putting fashion on the backburner for several months. My spring and fall wardrobe both stayed pretty stagnant while I worked on things like my career as a developer and writing the first draft of a novel! Anyway, now that things are settling down a bit, I've been doing more thinking on my wardrobe and have started planning my winter wardrobe!
The first thing I noticed was that I had virtually no long sleeved shirts, which posed a real problem for a winter wardrobe. So, I decided to treat myself.

When I was looking for inspiration on himekaji outfits with long sleeved shirts, I found that many of the ones I liked the most for casual wear involved ribbed mock neck and turtle neck shirts.


I also found some ribbed mock neck shirts with cute accents like bows, frill, and cutouts.


Unfortunately, a lot of these happened to be short or quarter sleeve, on top of which I don't really have the money right before Christmas to throw at brand name items. Fortunately though, these all looked pretty easy to DIY given the right starting base for a shirt! So, I set to ebay with the search term "mock neck ribbed long sleeve shirt" and found a couple of cheap shirts which might suit my needs! Before checking out, I decided to add some socks to my order too, because who couldn't use more socks in their life?


The Shirts


1 & 2: First I found some basic ribbed mock neck shirts. I decided to try two because one came in multiple colors, but the other had faster shipping and looked like it might be better quality. I figured I'd want to have multiple mock neck shirts anyway, so I decided to just get both. If the multi-color one feels nice I'm going to buy one in pink, too!
3: While I was looking, I found this shirt which has a built in collar. Built in collar shirts have been really popular lately, although it hadn't specifically been on my to-buy list. Still, I think this one is really subtle and cute, and I like how it almost looks like a kitty collar on the shirt! I wasn't really planning on buying a shirt like this, but I think it will work well in my wardrobe.

The Socks


The socks are self explanatory! Most of my socks were getting holes in them by now so I'm slowly trying to find cute socks to replace my worn out ones. I have a couple of lace ruffle socks, but the lace is kind of stiff and makes the socks more constricting and less comfortable than my other socks. Although they're cute, I find I don't wear them outside of special occasions because of that. The ruffle on these socks looks to be made of a knit material similar to the sock itself, so I'm hoping it fits more comfortably than my other ruffle socks. If they do I'll probably go back and buy a couple of these, since ruffle socks are my favorite! I also couldn't resist getting some socks with cute designs on the ankle; one is a little bunny and the other is a simple heart design.

I'm planning on posting more in the coming months. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to receive them. ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

      Delete