Spring Shopping List!

It's hard to believe that February is already almost over! Spring is almost exactly one month away, which means that I've decided to start planning my wardrobe again. The past two seasons I haven't managed to finish my wardrobe, and I don't think I'll have time to reach a full 37 pieces this season either, considering how much of an impact job hunting has taken on my free time and funds. But, I'm happy to say that I'm getting much, much closer now! My Summer wardrobe turned out to be more of a half-wardrobe preview, and my Winter wardrobe got a bit muddled since I forgot to plan for the hot winters we tend to have around here, but I feel hopeful that Spring, although maybe a little bit small, will be very much cohesive and wearable on a daily basis! I'm starting with a strong basis of 23 items from previous seasons which I'm excited to wear again, but I definitely had a lot of items that I still felt were missing. With my new items, I think I might be taking my wardrobe in a slightly larme direction, since I've been very inspired by the magazine lately! So without further adieu, here is my shopping list for spring!

Things to Buy

1. Glasses


It recently occurred to me that my glasses are leaving something to be desired... my prescription is getting outdated and I've worn down the frames themselves to the point that they barely stay on my face anymore! So what a perfect opportunity to get some new frames to match my style. I normally wear thick horn rimmed glasses and I like how they look on my face, but the plastic rims are definitely lacking in elegance. A few years ago I picked up a pair of gold wire rimmed glasses which were very cute, but wire rimmed glasses are just not very flattering on me. When I saw a pair like these in an issue of Larme I instantly knew that it was what I had been looking for. I'm really excited to get these soon!

2. Shoes 


Shoes are where I am missing the most of my wardrobe. Since they're a little bit less focal to an outfit than skirts or tops I've somewhat pushed these items to the wayside. I do have three very nice pairs of shoes from the start, but I want to make it a priority to pick these up this time! 

3. Bottoms 

I saw some dusty pink high waisted pants in a Lizmelo catalogue recently and felt very inspired! As much as I love cute skirts, many days I feel much more comfortable wearing pants. I feel like these are a good balance of practical and cute.


Things to Make

1. Tops


I'm starting with a good number of tops already, but I thought it'd be nice to have one or two extra comfy t-shirts. I'd love to find two soft white t-shirts to modify soon. I'll add a cut-out to one, but I haven't decided yet if I want it to be a heart shaped cut-out like in the picture, or do something moon shaped or maybe even bow shaped. I'll have to play around with it. The other, I'll add a cute peter pan collar and bow to dress it up just a little bit, while keeping it still very casual.

2. Bottoms






Skirts are by far my biggest weakness this season. I have a few right now, but only two which I'm really very happy with. Hence, I'd like to make myself lots more! I already have some very cute gingham and denim fabric, and I'm hoping to find some more cute florals and chunky crochet lace to make sukapan out of. I'm not sure how many of these I can realistically make in one season, but I'll just do my best with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment