Konmari Part 3: Clothing


Clothing was the first category I tackled and also the category with the most instantaneous reward! It was the only category I bothered to keep track of the numbers. Excluding socks and underwear which I couldn't really be bothered to count, and not including bags or shoes which were their own subcategory, before the konmari process I counted 224 items in my wardrobe, which I pared down to 128 simply by discarding pieces that I didn't look forward to wearing again, either because it fit me wrong or just wasn't a style that I feel suits me. Honestly I was being pretty forgiving in what items I decided to keep, and I definitely would like to do a more stringent pass following the advice from The Curated Closet, but for now I think the results are already a huge step in the right direction.

The pile.
Keeping.
Discarding.

This was the only category that I fully organized before moving on. This was partially due to the fact that having all my clothes in a pile for an extended period of time would be extremely detrimental to the health of my clothes as well as my mental health, but also because it was the only category I was 100% sure where the items will go, having furniture and built in closet specifically meant for clothes to go in and all. Also, this category was so natural to organize that it would have been very hard to stop once I got into it!

Shirts, pants, and shorts.
Pajamas and activewear. Unfortunately I also had too many tights to fit in my underwear drawer, so the spill over ended up here. Maybe someday I'll come up with something better ^^;
Sweatshirts and sweaters! For some reason this drawer makes me the happiest. Too bad it's summer though...
The closet, organized by short skirts, blouses, jackets, long skirts, and dresses.

I can't believe what a huge difference this tidying made. Before I actually had a hard time fitting all my clothes in my dresser. I'm so pleased that everything is so cozy and easily accessible now!

I also realize that I never finished my wardrobe building series all those years ago! In truth, my wardrobe is still something I'm continuing to perfect, but I've definitely come a long way since my last update, so expect more wardrobe content in the near future.


P.S. : This is part 3 in my Konmari series! Click the links below to read the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment